Bringing God's love to New York and Long Island
A ministry that:
- Feeds the poor and homeless
- Arranges rehab for the addict and alcoholic
- Runs church on the street where all are welcome
- Regularly sees people make a 1st time commitment to Jesus
Due to the unexpected death of Pastor Diane, plans may change. We will let you know here what is going on, so please check back to this page for updated information.
- Food pantry on Thursdays will continue as normal.
- There will be a memorial service in Tompkins Square Park 21st November a 2:30pm.
- Click here to view video of funeral service.
Hope for the Future Ministries does more than help the poor survive. It offers them hope for the future in many ways, including:
- Weekly supply of hot meals and pantry bags to meet the basic survival needs.
- Supply of blankets and toiletries for those living on the streets.
- Materials such as bedding, bathroom accessories, cooking utensils and other items to help lift an appartment from being just a room, to being a home.
Part of Hope for the Future that makes it more than a soup kitchen is the weekly church service in an environment that does not judge or condemn people for their current situation. As part of spiritual support there is also counselling for the many problems encountered in inner city life, and where needed, connection to rehabilitation programes for those struggling with drug and alcohol dependancy.
Does this work?
If you are looking for success, just look at the results since 1987 when Pastor Diane Dunne started the ministry:
- Over 500 hot meals served each week.
- Over 2000 pantry bags supplied each week.
- Over 150 people who would feel uncomfortable in a normal church, attend the Church without Walls church service every week.
If you want to know about lives changed, hundreds of people making a first time commitment to Jesus (compare this to the quantity in an average church), hundreds of people getting free from drugs and alcohol, as well as the senior citizens finding a place of comfort and companionship.